I don’t know if you read Jessica Patch’s blog, but you totally should. She has this wonderfully quirky way of looking at life that I just love. And when she gets into the spiritual side of things, look out. The way God works in her mind will blow yours. I got the privilege of “meeting” her when we were in a “Clash of the Titles” battle together. We’ve been internet buddies ever since. Do yourself a favor and check her out.
At any rate, she issued an “answer some random questions” kind of challenge, so I thought, “Why not?” It’s been a while since we had a “Fun Friday.” The deal is I answer her questions, then come up with 11 of my own. I’m SUPPOSED to make 11 other people answer my questions, but I’m going to challenge all of you to do it, like she did. Ready for some randomness about me? I haven’t read the questions yet, so I’m about to be as surprised by this as you are.
My 11 Questions:
1. Chocolate or Vanilla and why?
(Jess, this is a waste of a question. Really? There’s a debate here?) Chocolate. All the way. Dark chocolate. Or, oh my goodness, once I had chocolate with sea salt. Holy cow. Unreal.
2. Have you ever shoplifted? Ever thought about it?
No and no, at least not that I remember. It’s possible I contemplated it as a kid, but I don’t remember thinking it.
3. Colored polish or French manicure?
Colored. What’s the point of a French manicure? It’s just your nails jazzed up. Right now, I prefer orange. Or blue. Or silver. Yay.
4. Where’s the last place on earth you’d want to visit and why?
Well, there could be a lot of answers to that question, huh? Probably too many to name. There’s a whole lot of places I never want to set foot.
5. What’s your least favorite food?
Brussels sprouts. Period.
6. How many licks do you think it really does take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
For me? One. It’s straight to biting the things. Oh, and I LOVE orange ones. Yummo. I ate so many Tootsie Roll pops and cherry Blow Pops in college that I had cavities when I graduated. I had to have one whenever I wrote a paper. Since I was an English major and a writing major, I wrote a LOT of papers. A LOT. A lot of THIRTY PAGE papers.
7. Hotels or camping?
Hm. Where am I going? I don’t like hotels. We have gotten to where we rent condos wherever we go. It’s cheaper. And there’s more room.
8. Which celebrity that is alive (there is no Jesus loop-hole here, people) would you like to meet and why?
I’d dearly love to meet George Bush, especially after reading his autobiography. Does he count as a celebrity? If it has to be a “celebrity,” then I have to say TobyMac. Otherwise, my daughter will somehow KNOW I didn’t type him as an answer and come after me.
9. Do you have a smart phone? Can you live without it? Be honest…okay you can. Would you want to? Be honest.
I did not think I wanted one. Then I got an iPhone. And now I’m about as in love with a device as you can get. I don’t even use it for everything you can use it for, but it’s fun beyond belief.
10. If you could be any animal which one would you be and why? I kind of like being me. But being a cat would be fun. If I could figure out how to work a laptop and still write…
11. Home cooked or 5 star meal?
Who’s cooking? Can I have a 5-star meal at home? Honestly, give me a good steak on the grill. With a baked potato. And a great big salad with creamy Italian dressing. And maybe a cheesecake for dessert. Yeah. That works.
Okay, now I have to come up with 11 questions. You can answer in the comments if you don’t have a blog of your own. Ready?
1. If you could have a vacation house anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. The lottery is up to over half a billion (BILLION) dollars. Have you ever played?
3. Uhm, what ever happened to good TV that I wouldn’t mind my daughter seeing commercials for? (Just wondering.)
4. What’s your dream job?
5. What was your favorite subject in school? And, bonus question, if you could go back to school, would you? (I used to say if I ever got rich, I’d become a professional student. Yes, I loved college classes that much. Hey, I never said I wasn’t a geek.)
6. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
7. It’s a rainy Saturday and you have nothing on your to-do list. What are you going to do?
8. What’s your favorite store?
9. Who is your hero?
10. What’s your dream car?
11. What’s one random fact about you that you wish I’d asked?